MAX COOLING FOR YOUR MINI
Ambient Thermal Management is proud to reintroduce the original stepped core intercooler to the Mini R56 market. This FMIC continues to bring cooler intake air temperatures with little cost of pressure drop to hundreds of Mini owners.
SIZE- We've measured the available area in front of the bumper in both depth and height and custom designed an intercooler that makes the most of this space - the result is an intercooler with 53% more frontal area and 50% more volume.
CORE- ATM is the only FMIC manufacturer producing a stepped core as one single assembly. Our core is custom made to our specifications, including the ambient and charge row height and internal and external fin count. And of course, at the heart of every ATM intercooler core is our unique rounded header bars which act as a velocity stack for the charge rows, increasing the flow efficiency from 80% to 98%.
The end result is the ATM FMIC's ability to remove more temperature, meet the targeted air flow, and minimize the pressure drop on your Mini.
- More core volume than stock? - Yes, 50%
- More ambient face than stock? - Yes, 53%
- More charge rows than stock (5)? - Yes, 14
- Bar and Plate construction? - Yes
Black or Silver Powdercoat
The legendary performance of this intercooler is well documented throughout NAM as well as many other mini forums. Some highlights are as follows:
- STOCK turbo outlet temperature 245°F (estimated using a 65°F ambient and 65% compressor efficiency at 15 psi) - Temp drop from 245°F to 111°F (peak temp) in 4th gear run = -134°F drop
- TEST turbo outlet temperature 253°F (estimated using a 71°F ambient and 65% compressor efficiency at 15 psi) - Temp drop from 253°F to 89°F (peak temp) in 4th gear run = -164°F drop = 21% better cooling than stock
- AIT Temp: 30°F drop over stock
- Pre and Post intercooler temp drop: -164°F
- Intercooler Efficiency: 91% = 21% improvement in efficiency over stock (59%)
- Core pressure drop spec: .5psi at 250hp (400cfm) airflow
2008-2015 R55 Clubman S/JCW*
2007-2015 R56 Hardtop S/JCW*
2009-2015 R57 Convertible S/JCW*
2012-2015 R58 Coupe S/JCW*
2012-2015 R59 Roadster S/JCW
*JCW models may require additional modification/trimming for fitment
- Fits in stock location? - Yes
- Requires no cutting, removal, and/or permanent modification? - Yes